November 25, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Anna


Today is Anna's first birthday. Peter asked me if I remembered his phone call a year ago. Are you kidding me? You mean the one when he said, "Mom, you have a grandaugther!"? You mean the one that I was sobbing over after I heard those words? That phone call? How could I ever forget it?

And tonight Jim and I got to witness Anna eating her birthday cake and playing with her birthday toys. We got to see Anna taking some steps between Mommy and Daddy sitting on the floor. We got to sing Happy Birthday along with Mommy, Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa Coyle. Even though we are so far away, Skype allowed us to feel like we were a part of the birthday celebration! Isn't technology wonderful?

Happy Birthday, Anna. We love you, beautiful little one-year-old!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Now that's amazing timing for a blog entry! It was so very special to have you at Anna's party. I LOVE that picture of Anna's eyes~ the shape of her eyes are very precious.

Terry said...

I just love that picture. Glad you could share in that special event, turning 1.