February 3, 2009

Mom's of Small Children - Listen Up!

How many times did I say when the boys were growing up that I really need to write down some of the cute things that they said? Well, I didn't do it, but I wish I had. Some of those cute sayings are just too hard to forget, though! One of my favorites is this story about Patrick when he was in Kindergarten. [Credits: Dianne Rigdon - Old School (Srapbook Graphics)]
The journaling reads, "Patrick, I know that you’ve heard the story many times, but I still love telling it! This is what you said when you were in kindergarten and I asked Peter to help you with your homework, which was to practice spelling words with short vowel sounds and the consonants that you had learned to that point. I think that it is interesting to note your strict adherence to the rules and making sure you didn’t do anything you weren’t supposed to do! However, SOME things DON'T change - your brillance was shining through, even when you were a little boy!

This layout is in response to a challenge at Hodge Podge Art called Pictureless if you want to check it out.

1 comment:

Terry said...

so cute! I love doing pages with no photos. Kids come up with the craziest things! Out of the mouth of babes.