July 20, 2009

Our Present ties to the Past

Greetings, family, friends and fans!! What a whirlwind summer this has been! So many wonderful things have happened, but I haven't taken the time to update the blog - sorry!

We had a wonderful trip with Jim's sister, Kris, to visit Peter, Ginny and Anna in Minnesota. Jim and I stayed for about 10 days and loved every minute of our visit. It was so hard to say goodbye to Anna after forming some new bonds with her. Our hearts melted everytime she said "Gramma" or "Grampa"! Isn't she getting so big? This picture was taken on one of our several walks in the neighborhood. We hadn't planned on swimming in the neighborhood pool, so we didn't have our swimming suits, but we couldn't resist dipping our feet for a while!

By the way, did you happen to see the beautiful pictures that Peter took of Anna?
These two are my favorite. They were taken near their home in an industrial area that has been converted to an arts district with studios galore. The buiding used to be home to Northrup King Seeds. That was really nostalgic for me since Northup King was one of the suppliers of corn seed to my dad. Corn was always a major crop on the farm when I was growing up.

So, the other big news is that I have a new job! I'm going to be a Rangeview Raider and will be teaching at Rangeview High School in Aurora, Colorado. Aurora is a southeastern suburb of Denver where Jim grew up - who would have ever imagined?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

AAAaarrrr! You can take some of your Caribbean experience with you and convert it into school spirit.

News on the house front?

Tina J said...

None yet, Peter. Still working on preliminaries - prequalifications, finding a realtor, etc.

Terry said...

Praise the Lord!! I didn't know you were moving back stateside. I know you are going to be so happy being close to Anna. Can't believe she has grown so much.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your blog...the fonts, the colors.....It is perfect....

Courtney said...

I can't believe how big Anna is getting! She is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tina! Good to hear you found a job. Hopefully it is right where you want to be...well, maybe closer to Anna? We are glad to hear you are adjusting back to Colorado. I love those pics Peter took of Anna...too cute!