January 19, 2013

2013

I love my Lang calendars, and I have been buying them for years. They are on sale at the Lang website right now. You can get some great deals on calendars and frames. I love the calendars for the aesthetic value, probably even more than for the practical value.

It has been a couple of years since I have done a family calendar, but Jim helped me get one done this year, and I am loving the results. The calendar looked too plain when I hung it without a frame, and the calendar frames that I have are too big for the double 11 by 8 1/2 inch calendar size. So, I asked Jim to paint the back of my black frame with chalkboard paint. With a little bit of chalk doodle embellishment, I love the result!

I took the pictures of Anna last winter when I visited Peter's family in Minnesota. We were playing outside in the snow, and huge fluffy flakes were falling. We were catching them on our eye lashes and with our tongues. We also had made some red ice hearts and were making heart paths on the sidewalk in the snow. Fun winter memories - I get to be reminded of them all month long!

No comments: