December 10, 2008

Checkin' In

Jim noticed tonight that it has been almost a week since I've posted an entry on the blog. What can I say? I've been busy getting ready for the end of the semester - grading, writing exams, baking peanut butter cookies for the National Honor Society cookie sale tomorrow. (Did you even know that I am the NHS adviser this year?)I did do a little Christmas card project to show my digital scrapbooking students. I had it printed at a photo shop as a regular picture. It cost about 25 cents. Then I just glued it to cardstock to make a card - easy, quick and pretty cute, don't you think?

The picture I used was taken in Villa de Leyva while we were at a restaurant sitting under an orange umbrella outside, so our faces looked really orange. I played with the picture in Photoshop for a while, but I couldn't get it right. So, I sent the picture to Patrick and asked him to try to do the color correction. I think he did a marvelous job. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I feel priviledged to have a son who's a graphic artist!

2 comments:

Terry said...

I think the photo is great! Love your card. Have missed your posts the last few days. Hope all goes well with the end of the semester. My son and husband are gearing up for the end too---just hope the kid is studying like he should. I think all the teachers are looking forward to the break.

Unknown said...

And then there's Sean . . .

I can't believe you haven't mentioned Anna in the last few posts. She still isn't walking, but she's as adorable as ever.

We're looking at a few houses oln Saturday that look promising. We'll keep you posted.